Education and Certifications:
5-7 years of proven SQL Server Experience building and supporting Data Warehouse structures and supporting end user reporting tools such as Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services and Tableau.
- Commitment to Excellence – Demonstrates resilience and determination to deliver with high standards. Exhibits attention to detail and a well-organized approach to problem solving.
- Structured thinking – Skilled at setting out ideas and thoughts in a logical pattern. Ability to develop process documentation, technical manuals and instructions.
- Methodical approach – Practiced at breaking complex tasks into manageable segments and identify mitigation strategies to possible problems or stumbling blocks.
- Logical Reasoning – Ability to interpret information and assess resources against business needs. Highly skilled at managing project workloads and priorities to meet deliverables.
- Results Oriented - Exhibits ownership and accountability. Develops challenging but achievable goals.
- Technical Expertise - Highly proficient in data manipulation and analysis applications (i.e. SSIS,T-SQL, SQL Server, R, SAS, Tableau, etc.). Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Customer Focused – Personally demonstrated that both external and internal customers are a high priority by identifying and responding to their needs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Creativity – Recognizes opportunities and initiates actions to capitalize on them by looking for a new and productive ways to make an impact.
- Innovative – Embraces and champions new ideas and encourages others to do likewise.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead the identification of business data requirements, create data models and design processes that align to the business logic and regularly communicate with business stakeholders to ensure delivery meets business needs.
- Design ETL processes, develop source-to-target mappings/integration workflows and manage load processes to support regular and ad hoc activities considering the needs of down-stream systems, functions and visualizations.
- Perform routine testing of own and others work to guarantee accurate, complete processes that support business needs. Awareness and compliance with all organizational development standards, industry best practices and business, security, privacy, and retention requirements.
- Collaborate with other engineers through active participation in code reviews and challenge the team to deliver with precision, consistency and speed.
- Routinely monitor performance, diagnose and implement tuning/optimization strategies to guarantee a highly efficient data structure.
- Document data flows and technical designs to ensure compliance with organization, business and security best practices.
- Regularly monitor timelines and workload. Ensure delivery promises are met or exceeded.
- Ability and willingness to support the BI mission through learning new technologies and supporting other projects as needed.